Principle #4: Manage Money

This principle almost seems like a joke when I basically have $0 income while living off scholarships, doing an unpaid internship for the Church. And when groceries in Costa Rica are stinking EXPENSIVE!!


Prices on a lot of things are opposite here... the most delicious mangoes you've ever tasted are really cheap, but breakfast is 3x pricier. Movie tickets are less than $3.00 each, but fast food burns a serious hole in the pocket.

The week I focused on this principle with my self-reliance group, I did a better job of tracking my expenses however, and was a relief to at least be conscious of where my funds were going. I've started cooking more food at home.


Natalie and I also discovered a store that is like a merciful wonderland where we can find all of our favorite things - light, comfy clothes, chocolate, cookies, disinfectant wipes etc. - for cheaper than we'd be able to find at home! The Lord provides. ;)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Principle #7: Be One; Work Together

Principle #10: Integrity

Principle #3: Be Obedient